Sunday, January 03, 2010

Ringing in the New Year and New Decade with...

The flu.

I returned home from Florida and a wonderful visit with my folks on Wednesday evening last week feeling not so hot. It started somewhere around Roanoke, VA with a weird nagging cough that I thought was the last bit of the sinus/ear infection I took to Florida, thanks to six continuous weeks of flying, but by the time I hit Winchester, VA and had ringing in my ears, a craving for orange juice, and a dull thudding headache, I knew I was in trouble. Since I drove to Florida and had a rental car due back Thursday morning, I had no choice but to keep going.

I got home at 9:30pm, took a shower, took my temperature,101 degrees thank you very much, and fell into a coma in bed. Poor LB barely got a hug and pat.

After returning the car early thirty on Thursday morning and finding that my everyday car's battery was dead, dead, dead (I have two, my every day car and my fun car, a 1991 Mercedes 350SD Turbo Diesel), I had to uncover the fun car, unplug it from the engine block warmer, start it up, let it get warmed up, and drive or rather slip and slide my way to the grocery store to pick up a loaf of bread, some soup, cough medicine, orange juice, and some ginger ale before returning to bed where I have been for the last four days.

Needless to say, my resolution to be a better food blogger this year has started out not so good. I didn't do a year end wrap up post, look what I got for Christmas post, what I wish for you and The Sour Dough in the New Year post. I haven't even opened the mail from my vacation where a "Blogging by Mail" package sits and waits for me to open!

Bear with me for a few more days. I'm not 100% yet. Heck, I'm not even 30% yet. But with a little more rest and more watching Miami Vice, the Complete Series (Thanks Bro!), I expect to be back up to snuff very quickly.

Hope your New Year was safe and fun and see you in a few days.