Thursday, March 20, 2008

Presto Pasta Night: Vegetarian Chili Mac



This is going to be a presto post for Presto Pasta Night because I came home long enough to feed LB and myself before heading back to work.

Last night, I made some vegetarian chili from a mix.



It made a lot of chili and even though it was really good, I don't think I could eat chili for two more days straight. So, tonight I decided to take some pasta I had floating around the fridge and toss it all together for some quick and easy, down and dirty chili mac.

It was perfect on this windy and blustery first day of spring.



Easy Vegetarian Chili Mac

1 package vegetarian chili mix
4 cups cooked pasta like elbow or ziti
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Prepare chili per the box's direction and set aside. Cook and drain pasta and return to pot. On low heat, stir chili into pasta. Stirring continuously so the pasta and chili don't stick to the bottom of the pan, heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add parmesan cheese. Spoon into a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.