Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Home Again, Home Again Hippity Hop

I've returned home after what can only be described as one of the best weekends I've ever had with two of the damn funniest and smartest women I've ever had the pleasure of hanging out with, Lisa and Helen. To say we baked, ate, laughed, and drank our way across Cleveland would be an understatement and I've got so many things to post about that it will probably take a month to get them all out of my head onto this page. Let's just say it sure wasn't a low calorie weekend...

Even though I had a blast with the girls (did I mention the drinking and giggling?), it was good to be home. Especially when you have this to greet you when walk through the door:



He was excited to see me as you can see...

When I woke up this morning it was strange to not walk out into Lisa's gorgeous kitchen and be greeted with a fantastic pot of coffee courtesy of Helen (boy can that girl make coffee!!) and there are a ton of emails to answer, a few new recipes to try, and heck, there is even another "Ask Breadchick" coming up fast and furious; not to mention we are in the home stretch of the month which means that zany group of bakers are probably going to have something huge to post about.

OH, OH, OH and I almost forgot there is an event I just have to participate in because I'm going to be a Cup Cake Hero (just hum that to the tune of "Jukebox Hero"...)

Speaking of heroes, Moon over at Marathon Moon has been doing a fantastic job all year getting herself into shape to run the Walt Disney Marathon. She has also done a fantastic job taking one of my favourite recipes and making it healthier! I've always wanted to take my Harvest Apple Bread and lighten up the recipe. Now, I don't have to. Thanks Moon and good luck in the marathon!

So, while I unpack, do the laundry and get back on my diet and back into the gym, you should get into your kitchen and bake something...

Like Moon's Whole Wheat Apple Bread!!!