Sunday, December 24, 2006

Peace on Earth and Goodwill toward Men



I've been meaning to post a few pictures of the Christmas cookies I baked this year but as usual the hectic pace of the Season got the better of me... Anyways, above are the Sour Cream Cutout Cookies and one of the Gingerbread men. Below are the raspberry and apricot Linzer cookies.



And here is an assortment of the cookies I made, including the appropriately named World Peace cookies from Dorie Greenspan.



I made three verisons of the World Peace cookie: the original, the original but rolled in crushed almonds, and then I modified the recipe by replacing the cocoa with almond flour and finely chopped almonds and using 1/2 a teaspoon of almond extract along with the vanilla. I dusted the Almond World Peace cookie with powdered sugar after they had cooled. Included in my cookie tray for MBH to take to work were my Grandmother's Spritz, Maple Chocolate Coconut Bars, Orange Spice Shortbread and Chocolate dipped Shortbread. One of MBH's coworker's put a sad face sticky on the container when all the cookies were gone.



I'm going to be taking a small break to celebrate Christmas with MBH and LB here in Cambridge and then my family back home in Michigan before returning to Cambridge and The Sour Dough on New Years Eve.

As tonight is Christmas Eve, a time when families come together to share the glad tidings of the Season that is Christmas, may you and yours feel comfort, joy and peace.