Thursday, November 23, 2006

Giving Thanks for the Bounty We have Received

For me, beyond the joy of the food, Thanksgiving is a time to be reflective of the the things that are good in my life and hopeful that for those less fortunate than I that things will get better.

I am thankful for MBH and his support and his sense of humour (Lord knows that living with me he needs it). I am thankful my mother, who is also my best friend, is still with us after her heart attack earlier this year. I am thankful that MBH's father, who had a stroke earlier this month, is doing better (and hopeful he will be home for Christmas). I am thankful for the friends who share the ups and downs of my life. I am thankful for the opportunities I have to share with you, my readers.

I am hopeful that those who today could not be with their families will be surrounded by their loved ones next year. I am hopeful there will be one less soup kitchen in Boston next year and not because funding was cut but because the need is no longer there. I am hopeful that next year there will be at least one less war in this world. I am hopeful for my fellow man that good and truth will always triumph.

So, as both MBH and LB snore beside me in bed, I'll leave you with three pictures of Thanksgiving at our house in Cambridge, MA. Even on this rainy and cold day our house was warm with the joy of a good meal shared with loved ones and the wishes of Thanksgiving from those far away.

The Bounty on the table

A VERY satisfied guest

Three days to prepare, Thirty minutes to eat, Three hours to clean up after!